WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) – The Wilmington City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 17.
Here are some items of interest from the meeting’s agenda:
- Honoring of the Wilmington Symphony Orchestra’s 40 years of service
- Authorizing submission of grant application to the N.C. Parks and Recreation Trust Fund for $200,000 to help fund the construction of the Gary Shell Cross City Trail
- Resolution authorizing sale of 209 South 13th Street property for $13,000 and the 720 South 10th Street property for $12,000 to Ritz Development
- Agreement to landscape around the “Welcome to Wilmington” sign near Martin Luther King, Jr. Parkway and South College Road
- Purchase of an excavator for $182,613 to remove debris and clear storm drains
- Declaration of equipment as surplus property to be sold (Ford Crown Victoria vehicles, a concession trailer, a dump truck, a horse trailer, two Dodge Ram trucks, copiers, etc.)
- Declaration of 12 Remington 870 shotguns as surplus property to be sold to Wilmington Police Department personnel for $100 each; the buyers will be chosen by a random drawing
- CFPUA projects that the region’s water needs will approach the maximum safe allocation from the river within 30 years. A feasibility study to address long-term needs and alternatives will be discussed.
- A public hearing will be held to discuss the annexation of property totaling 26.57 acres at 7910 Market Street
- Discussion of a special use permit for a 221-space commercial parking lot at 2120 South 17th Street by New Hanover Regional Medical Center