Photo Gallery | WECT bids farewell to Carolina in the Morning reporter Claire Hosmann
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WECT) – Wednesday is a WECT reporter’s final day on channel six in Wilmington.
Here are a few going away comments from her co-workers:
- From Zach Hunt: Claire has been more than just a co-worker. She is one of the best friends I will ever have. Right from the beginning, she and I formed a strange, unique bond similar to that which siblings have. We have countless inside jokes and I will miss the crazy adventures we go on every morning. Even when she says I am annoying, I know that just means she loves me :). I really am going to miss her no t because of who she was in front of the camera, but because of the friend she was when it was turned off. Love you baby sister and good luck!
- From Debra Worley: Claire, you’ve been a great co-worker and friend over the past few years. You’ve been an asset to the CIM team, from producing to reporting to anchoring. Good luck with your future endeavors and know I will still come to you when I need a little fitness motivation! Someone better warn the Queen City…Hosmann’s coming to make waves!
- From Ben Powell: I will always miss doing our live shots together. You are so much fun and I know you're going to kill it in the Queen City. Love and miss you! Best of luck!
- From Crystal Clark: The CIM family will never be the same without you, Claire! We are really going to miss you and your positive spirit. You are going to shine in whatever you do in life. GUARANTEED!!!
- From Sarah Crandall: I wish Claire the best of luck in Charlotte! Her warm and generous personality will definitely be missed in the newsroom, but I know she’ll continue to be successful no matter where she goes in life.
- From Brittany Dewey: Claire is one of the very first people I remember meeting when I came to interview. I was immediately struck by her kindness and sweetness, and I admired how happy and energetic she was so early in the morning. The leopard print snuggie left an imprint too. I've since had the privilege to work with her and see that she genuinely is that kind, sweet, happy, AND energetic. She'll be greatly missed in the mornings but I'm thrilled she's going to chase her dreams. Good luck, Claire!
- From Ashley Barker: Thanks for being such a wonderful desk neighbor! When I stumble into work each morning to start my day at the end of your shift, you always brighten up my day with a smile. I'm going to miss sharing a trash can (that moves constantly) with you and freezing in the corner with our blankets! Whoever takes over your desk will have some big shoes to fill because you are awesome! Good luck in Charlotte! We're all going to miss you so much!
- From Kim Ratcliff: I am so proud of the work Claire has done. I saw her grow from an overnight producer to the Carolina in the Morning reporter. She developed her segment and produced them in her own unique way. Claire became part of our family, spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with the Ratcliffs and the Kopkas when she couldn’t make it home to her family. We all think so much of her and wish her the very best!
- From Nikki Bussey: As the saying goes, there aren’t enough words to express how much I appreciate our friendship. You are the sister I never had. I wish you the best in Charlotte. I’ll be up there soon to bug ya ;) Love you oodles.
- From Nadine Maeser: Claire!! All throughout the years, no matter what team we were on you were always so sweet. I know the viewers are really going to miss seeing you and sharing their cup of coffee with you! Good luck in your next new adventure of life! I’m excited for you and you will be missed more than you will know!!
- From Ashlea Kosikowski: We will miss seeing Claire on TV and in my husband's restaurant, where she was always a loyal supporter. Claire is warm, friendly and energetic, qualities that made her very well-liked in the newsroom and will make her a success in all of her future endeavors. I wish her the best in the Queen City!
- From Craig Reck: Claire, you rocked the morning shows five days a week. That's more than enough proof that you'll succeed in Charlotte, Argentina or wherever life takes you next. Salud!
- From Lindsay Curtin: Dear beautiful Claire, I'm pretty sure you are the most positive, kind person I've met at WECT. You are fun, lovely and have such a contagious energy. I've loved working with you and can't wait to see you take your love for fitness and turn it into a career. Best wishes and lotsa love."
- From Caraline Waldrep: What can I say about such an awesome person!! Claire’s positive attitude and smile is contagious to everyone in the morning. I’ve always admired her energy and how she can turn stressful moments into fun memorable times! I’m so glad she is following her heart and achieving her goals. I know she will go far and succeed at whatever she does. Good luck, Claire! You will be missed!
Good luck in the future, Claire!
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.